Subject: KGDB
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG, scottr@og.org>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/29/1998 12:17:31
Hi,

I've build a kernel for the LC575 using the following diag/debug

# Diagnostic/debugging support options
options 	DIAGNOSTIC	# cheap kernel consistency checks
#options 	DEBUG		# expensive debugging checks/support
options 	KMEMSTATS	# kernel memory statistics (vmstat -m)
options 	DDB		# in-kernel debugger
#options 	DDB_HISTORY_SIZE=100	# enable history editing in DDB
options 	KGDB		# remote debugger
options 	KGDBDEV=0xc00	# kgdb device number (dev_t) 0xc00 = /dev/tty00
options 	KGDBRATE=38400	# baud rate
makeoptions	DEBUG="-g"	# compile full symbol table

And when I boot the resulted kernel on the LC575, I do the following
on the Q840 and get these messages:

(gdb) set remotebaud 38400
(gdb) target remote /dev/tty01
Remote debugging using /dev/tty01
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Couldn't establish connection to remote target
Malformed response to offset query, timeout

The boxes are connected one another with a printer cable, I had
verified typed characters at one end echoes at the other end.
The printer cable is connected to the LC575's modem port (tty00:
0xc00) and the Q840's printer port (tty01).

What am I missing?

TIA,

Ken