Subject: Kernel Hacking
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: I-Jong Lin <ijonglin@EE.Princeton.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/28/1998 20:00:53
Dear Kernel-Hackers,

   I've just gotten the source code (assembly) for the system extensions
for my Carrera 040 accelerator and I've got a cross-compiler set up on my
HP box to compile NetBSD.   I'm going to try to do some kernel hacking to
start up the accelerator on my little Mac IIcx (it's a little faster
with the accelerator, 16Mhz '030 vs. 90Mhz '040).  So, two questions:

1. I'm unsure of the status of the processor by the time it hits the
START symbol in the locore.s file.  Is the computer in 32-bit mode
or not?

2. If anyone is interested to helping in creating or testing this kernel,
please let me know.  E-mail is ijonglin@ee.princeton.edu.

I-Jong