Subject: Re: Netatalk dancing icons
To: Olof Rymark <olof@subzero.campus.luth.se>
From: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/27/1998 10:28:37
On Wed, 27 May 1998, Olof Rymark wrote:

> Running netatalk14b2.netbsd.b2 and I have some problems with 'dancing
> icons' (as they call it). Tried to apply the dancing icon patch from the
> netatalk homepage but then it's not possible to compile it: error ...

What's the error?

> Anyone succeeded in applying the patch then I really could appreciate the
> file netatalk/etc/afpd/fork.c, it seems that's the file that makes the
> error. I understand that the patch is not designed for the netbsd-version
> of netatalk but there's hardly any difference between the 1.4b2 and
> 1.4b2netbsd netatalk/etc/afpd/fork.c-file.
>
> Other suggestions ? Wait for version 1.4-all-patched-and-working-release ?

Unfortunatly I'm the person working on this, but I'm very low on time at
the moment. The next two weeks are basically gone for me (we're getting
ready for a conference in Rome :-).

Another option would be to get Adrian Sun's patched version. It should
compile fine for NetBSD.

Take care,

Bill