Subject: Re: File System Full
To: Brad Ulreich <bradbu@erols.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/27/1998 01:52:36
On Wed, 27 May 1998, Brad Ulreich wrote:
> /: write failed, file system is full

> but what I don't understand is, why? I followed the FAQ-O-MATIC and
> created an 80mb root, a 40mb swap, and a 220mb user. All was going quite
> well, until I tried to install the text.tgz. It wasn't installing into
> the root partition, so the root partition isn't the problem; it was
> installing into 'user'. Can 'user' be full?? 220mbs???

The "/" in the file system full message means the root partition is full.
If the usr partition was full, the message would be "/usr: write failed
...."  Did you remember to mount the /usr partition? (Bulleted item number
5 in "Installing the files" section of the INSTALL instructions).
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 22 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++