Subject: Re: X buttons and strange mice
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/25/1998 17:27:43
On Mon, 25 May 1998, Paul Goyette wrote:

> Yep - an ioctl would make good sense.
>
> I agree that we've already got enough (too many?) kernel options.  But
> isn't the idea of sysctl to be able to control the way the kernel does
> certain things?

i don't believe that this behavior is something that should really be done
in the kernel at all, to tell you the truth.  it's only there presently
because the X server itself doesn't have a reasonable way to map
keystrokes to mouse buttons.  as such, i'm hesitant to let this
ADB-specific functionality `infect' sysctl, since ultimately i plan to get
rid of it, one way or another.

--scott