Subject: Re: X buttons and strange mice
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/25/1998 15:55:07
On Sun, 24 May 1998, Paul Goyette wrote:

> Perhaps this might a use for a machine-dependent sysctl-settable option?
> That way, we could distribute a GENERIC kernel which could work both
> ways.

there's another solution.  since this behavior is only useful for the X
server, it seems to me that there should be a way for the X server to
enable or disable this behavior.  (perhaps an ioctl would be best suited
for this.)

i'm not very keen on sysctl for this.  this feature isn't useful in the
general sense.  another kernel option is probably a bad idea, as well;
my goal is to get rid of as many of them as i can.

--scott