Subject: Re: IPNAT trouble - system crashes (fwd)
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/25/1998 02:57:01
>hi folks.
>
>there's a pretty serious problem in the NAT code when translating to a
>single IP address, as in the case of NATing through a PPP link.  this
>problem has been fixed for almost 2 months in NetBSD-current, but hasn't
>been pulled down to the release branch due to an oversight on my part.
>
>here's the change, which should apply directly to a 1.3 or 1.3.1 source
>tree.

Hmm, is there somewhere i can get the source tree of the 1.3.1 kernel at
around the time the 1.3.1 snapshot was made?  I just downloaded the new
source tree to apply the patch and compile, but have already run into
problems of config not working.  I got the new config src, and now that
won't compile, even when I put the full pathnames of the includes (quits
with warnings about pointers from integer without a cast in gram.y:yyparse).

I'd just rather get sys.tar.gz from around that time. I don't need any of
the new stuff added since then (like the infamous broken memory system -

I tried looking on the netbsd site, but could not find it.  If anyone knows
where it is (maybe i was looking in the wrong place) or might happen to
have a copy on their hard drive, i'd really appreciate it.

thanks!

  - a