Subject: Re: X after Update
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
From: henning loeser <loeser@ma1304.physik.uni-marburg.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/23/1998 14:11:20
On Fri, 22 May 1998, Scott Reynolds wrote:
> > That shouldn't cause core dumps, though...
>
> it certainly would, if the program uses a system call in the new libc that
> doesn't exist in the old one.  (unfortunately i seem to have been only
> skimming this thread, so i don't recall if the signal was mentioned; it
> would be SIGSYS in this case.)
>
> --scott
I dind't see a SIGSYS errormessage, the error the gdb gives me was:
(gdb) core Xmac68k.core
Core was generated by `Xmac68k'.
Cannot access memory at address 0x40a0.

And furthermore I still get the same message when I have the base.tgz
from the distribution installed and X runs fine ??!!!
Henning

Henning Loeser            AG-Oberfl"achenphysik, Philipps-Uni-MR
Email:henning.loeser@physik.uni-marburg.de