Subject: Re: IPNAT trouble - system crashes (fwd)
To: Christian Taylor <christian.taylor@acadiau.ca>
From: Roger Fischer <roger@badger1.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/22/1998 23:35:12
At 9:30 PM -0700 5/21/98, Christian Taylor wrote:
>> I posted this message a few weeks ago, and didn't get any response. Maybe
>> it hit the wrong audience :)
>> anyone have any ideas why it happens?
>> thanks,
>
>I had exactly the same problem.  My little IIcx with NetBSD 1.3 and
>only 8 megs of RAM handles my PowerMac 6100/66 any my ThinkPad 365xd
>fine, no trouble at all, and it works great.  My friend came over
>with his ThinkPad one day, plugged into my hub, and within minutes my
>IIcx froze.

Same thing here.
I had MacBSD 1.2.1 up and running IPNAT on my SE/30, and communication
between it and my Centris 610 over ethernet was great.  Then one day last
month I brought home a new G3/266 desktop machine.  Connected the SE/30 to
my ISP and went to check my email account from the G3.  BAM!!!  Froze the
se/30 up in nothing flat.

Since then I have loaded MacBSD 1.3 on my C610.  I've had no further
problems.  My se/30 is getting a little lonely though.  sniff  :^(