Subject: Re: X after Update
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
From: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/21/1998 10:39:59
On Fri, 22 May 1998, Ken Nakata wrote:

> > You've got a library version mismach above, where one of the programs was
> > wanting (was linked with) version 12.25 but only got version 12.20.
>
> That shouldn't cause core dumps, though...

Hmm. I'm thinking more of the problem where one of the tables in libc
grew, and that that broke programs. That might not apply here. Now that I
think about it, it was a problem for programs linked against the older
version but using the newer. Basically the table grew, and the loader
would blindly copy the new, larger table into the space designated for the
older smaller table, overwriting other variables in the process.

Take care,

Bill