Subject: followup: /dev/adb and /dev/grf0 and security
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rolf Braun <rbraun@cstone.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/21/1998 12:51:34
I read the man page for ttyaction(5) and created a /etc/ttyaction file as
follows:

ttye0 login chown ${USER}.wheel /dev/adb /dev/grf0
ttye0 getty chown root.wheel /dev/adb /dev/grf0

This seems to manage the permissions on those files very nicely. I've set
the actual permissions on them to 600 now instead of 660.

If anyone likes the above solutions, I'd also recommend a cleanup sequence
in /etc/rc.local or /etc/rc as follows:

chmod 600 /dev/adb /dev/grf0
chown root.wheel /dev/adb /dev/grf0

--
- Rolf Braun - rbraun@cstone.net - http://www.cstone.net/~rbraun/
- Sassy Software: cool software for your Macintosh or Apple IIgs

- Anyone attempting to post messages or send e-mail using my address
- without my permission will be held liable for forgery and may be subject to
- legal action.