Subject: Re: Bad blocks, too
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_SUNAGAWA@yokogawa.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/21/1998 18:28:37
Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>  wrote:

Ken> On Thu, 21 May 1998 09:18:16 +0200 (CEST),

Ken> Falk Stern <falk@warfare.luene.net> wrote:
>> Quantum Fireball may not be the thing. I have a Fireball
>> 1280S(?) and NetBSD just installs and runs fine on my
>> IIci...

Ken> That's correct.  I've been using a Fireball 1080S for
Ken> quite a while without any problem even though I use
Ken> ncrscsi driver, not sbc.

Hmm.  A couple of years ago, my Quantum Lightning 730S were
quite unstable.  Access indicator kept on and the machine
hung, and caused many FS corruptsions.

I coudn't find obvious reason why the woe ocurred.
Curiously, there weren't any differences for which of
ncrscsc and sbc SCSI driver, what partitioning software, and
what driver on the driver partition I used.  The drive just
seemed to worked under MacOS.

Some people used same drive for NetBSD/mac68k without any
problem, so I think my drive had some weirdness and NetBSD
hit the point by driving it harder than MacOS.

It might be related with firmware's revision of the drive.

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_SUNAGAWA@yokogawa.co.jp>
Happy Hacking!