Subject: Re: Farallon PhoneNET Support
To: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@ChrisBowman.com>
From: Michael Bartosh <bartosh@tamu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/20/1998 23:47:45
>I've got a 83902 (a very similar variant) based board working one my IIci,
>this should just work, but I am curious, your subject said PhoneNET are
>they really PhoneNET, or are they 10BT?

It's a 10BT card that's been doing fine for the MacOS for about 8mos now. I
think the name was just a marketing deal- PhoneNET connectors were a big
selling thing when this card came out. I could be wrong, there might be
some extra functionality, but I do not think so and I could find no
indication on farallon's site.

auto_ifconfigure is set to YES, and the error is 'nubus0 slot c:
PhoneNET IIN (Vendor: Farallon Computing, Inc., Part: ???) Type: 0004 0001
0108 0100 not configured'

-mab

*******
Michael Bartosh
bartosh@tamu.edu
home: 409/847.4397
cell: 409/537.2129
Apple Student Rep
HiEd, Inc.
www.hied.com
personal: http://atremus.resnet.tamu.edu/

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher
regard those who think alike than those who think differently."

- -- Nietzche
			Think Different.
			    Apple.