Subject: Eureka!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: m. d. walker <mwalker@en.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/20/1998 20:32:38
Finally. . .

There be UNIX on my MAC!

After a successful install of all files, I was finally ready to for the
Boot program.

And its response:

panic: ResHndls table too small

So I bounced over to (http://routbort.neuro.duke.edu/netbsd/ ) check out
some past postings on this error.

When I disconnected my Kensington Mouse-in-a-box and hooked up my original
mouse and retried the Boot program; Presto!

(Okay, I'll admit it: I danced around the room a bit, and maybe yelled
whoopie.)

A few questions though:

1) When I get the prompt, it asks for my terminal type. I enter vt100, but
do I need address this problem?

2) I have to deselected all options relating to the serial console,
otherwise the boot program gets as far as the quote, (The real way that it
should be done is to...) lights up my modem like a christmas tree, then
hang. There is obviously something wrong, but I cannot seem to find a
reference to it. What might it be?

3) Is there a polite way to exit unix, rather than just rebooting the Mac?

I would like to thank everyone here who took the time to answer my
questions. I do not think I could of done it alone.

Now, if I can only keep from screwing everything up!

Mike