Subject: Re: Mac IIcx will not turn on
To: Derrick Hutchinson <derrick.hutchinson@reuters.com>
From: Eric Damien Berna <eric@thiel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/20/1998 16:06:14
At 12:42 PM -0500 5/20/98, Derrick Hutchinson wrote:
>Anyone have recommendations at to what else I might try to goose
>these things to turn on?

The only additional thing I would try is checking the battery. I've had
problems getting some Macs to turn on when the battery is dead, but I don't
recall if I've seen that problem with a IIcx.

Eric Damien Berna
eric@thiel.com

P.S. For those that think that since this is a desktop computer and not a
PowerBook it doesn't have a battery, it really does. All Macs have a small
battery that keeps the clock running, maintains the contents of the PRAM,
and on some models powers the keyboard on switch. This battery is a small
lithium battery in a plastic cage on the motherboard of most desktop Macs
such as the IIcx. They are an unusual standard size. They can be found at
some specialty battery shops or at your friendly neighborhood Apple dealer.