Subject: Re: Mac IIcx will not turn on
To: Derrick Hutchinson <derrick.hutchinson@reuters.com>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/20/1998 15:16:52
On Wed, May 20, 1998 at 01:42:45PM -0400, Derrick Hutchinson wrote:

> Anyone have recommendations at to what else I might try to goose
> these things to turn on?

If the power supply is good, and you're simply not getting any response,
it's possible the battery is dead. I've encountered machines before that
had completely dead batteries, and they refused to turn on as a result.

Since you've tried lots of other stuff, try tossing in a new battery,
and see if that helps. It certainly can't hurt.

--
Mason Loring Bliss...mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us...www.webtrek.com/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments