Subject: Email server
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Damien Berna <eric@thiel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/19/1998 16:21:27
I'm running NetBSD/mac68k version 1.3.1 on a Mac IIcx. I'd like to set it
up as an email server for other machines. I was already using PowerMac 8100
running MkLinux for this purpose, but I have to give up that machine. So I
followed the same procedure as I did when setting up the MkLinux mail
server, but it doesn't quite work.

What I did was setup sendmail according to the instructions given at
<http://www.sendmail.org/virtual-hosting.html> which explains how to setup
vertual hosting with sendmail. This computer's host name is
ftp.bernafamily.com and I want it to handle mail for all of the
bernafamily.com domain. I also installed the qpopper package so that this
machine would work as a pop server.

qpopper seems to work correctly, I'm able to log into and check for mail on
this machine. But SMPT connections don't work. I'm unable to send mail
using Eudora under Mac OS on another computer using this NetBSD machine as
the server. I'm also unable to send mail to any accounts on this machine.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Eric Damien Berna
Thiel Visual Design
Phone: 414.271.0775