Subject: g++ errors, and mac hosts files
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andy Sinesio <andy@imaginet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/19/1998 13:44:06
Hey -

When trying to compile a simple Hello, World program:

#include <iostream.h>

void main() {
    cout << "Hello, World!" << endl;
}

---

It compiles, but when I try and run it:

bash$ ./a.out
/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_tgetstr" in
a.out:/usr/lib/libcurses.so.2.1

bash$

-----

What is wrong?  The program works on other unix boxes.

Also, I have an internal LAN that has my NetBSD machine and my Mac on it.
 My hosts file on my NetBSD machine works great... it maps the 10.0.0.1
and 10.0.0.2 addresses to their respective hostmasks wonderfully.  The
only problem, is the mac end won't DNS resolve the names (obviously).
so, I need to create a Hosts file.  What is the correct syntax for a Mac
hosts file for Open Transport?   I'm trying to map 10.0.0.1 to
www.sinesio.net, among others.

Thanks
Andy

-

I have a brain. I have an Apple Macintosh. What's your excuse?

Andy Sinesio
asinesio@students.wisc.edu