Subject: Re: A New Problem - Install!
To: mwalker <mwalker@en.com>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/18/1998 06:17:23
Hi,

The SCSI error #5 refers to a phase error (error #5), not an error on SCSI
device #5.

I would recommend not messing with A/UX partitions. Here is how I set up
my Quantum HD using Silverlining. I wanted 1 MacOS (hfs) partition, a root
partition, a swap partition, and a Usr partition.

1) I created 4 Mac partitions in Silverlining. I have 1 10MB partition
(MacOS), 1 80MB partition (root), 1 100MB partition (swap), and the rest
in the final partition (usr).

2) I used the Mkfs program to convert the 80MB partition into a Root
partition, the 100MB partition into a Swap partition, and the big
partition into a Usr partition.

3) In the Installer program, set the Preferred RAM size to a large number.
I would set it to as much as you can spare RAM-wise.

Hopefully, doing the above, you will have more luck installing NetBSD on
your LC630.

Mark

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!