Subject: Re: Diskless Configuration?
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
From: David Leonard <leonard@csee.uq.edu.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/18/1998 00:33:24
On Fri, 15 May 1998, Scott Reynolds wrote:
> On Fri, 15 May 1998, Ruschmeyer, John wrote:
> > Can the booter handle tftp or do I need a local kernel on a MacOS partition?
> > Is the rest a typical diskless setup?
>
> the kernel must be loaded from the Mac OS side, whether it's from an HFS
> partition or an Appleshare volume (i do the latter, specifically using
> netatalk on the server).

Still, it would be neat if the booter could do bootp and tftp.
I only wish I could hack at the booter and build it with gcc under bsd!

David Leonard                           David.Leonard@csee.uq.edu.au
Dept of Comp. Sci. and Elec. Engg       Room:69-605  Ph:+61 7 336 52447
The University of Queensland            http://www.csee.uq.edu.au/~leonard/
QLD 4072  AUSTRALIA                     E2A24DC6446E5779D7AFC41AA04E6401
"Companies like Microsoft are run by engineering types who don't understand
the public," said Ian Mitroff, director of the USC Center for Crisis
Management, who added that base attempts to manipulate the media and shape
public opinion often fail. -- LA Times, 10 Apr 1998