Subject: Re: Installation over a network...
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@canolog.ninthwonder.com>
From: Charles Youse <cyouse@artemis.syncom.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/17/1998 18:53:37
On Sun, 17 May 1998, Allen Briggs wrote:

> I.e., I think
> all we lack for this is a usable (read-only) HFS in the kernel that we
> can distribute.

Well, I'm working on the hfs filesystem code.  It is certainly going to be
read-only, but completion is still a couple of weeks off.

I do, however, have patches (against 1.3, I could change this to 1.3.1)
that push the console closer to a standard VGA font and color scheme.  For
those of us with older Mac IIs (on which X is almost unusable due to speed
and/or memory limitations) it is a great improvement, and requires no
userland code (i.e., dt).

If anybody is interested, I'll send these off to the powers that be for
inclusion in NetBSD.

Chuck

cyouse@syncom.net