Subject: Re: Installation over a network...
To: Armen Babikyan <armenb@lethargy.mit.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@canolog.ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/17/1998 18:04:27
> Hi, I'm watching my friends install a linux system over the
> internet;

That's how I installed NetBSD/i386.  I think the long-term plan is to
have folks download the booter and a ramdisk kernel with 'sysinst'
and utilities in the kernel's ramdisk.  Then the user would install
NetBSD/mac68k just like any other port.  The main problem with this
right now is supporting people who want to install everything on a
mac where they've downloaded images to a MacOS partition.  I.e., I think
all we lack for this is a usable (read-only) HFS in the kernel that we
can distribute.

If anyone would like to contribute one and/or work on making the
installation smoother, please do!

> just looks really cool.

It is definitely getting there...  :-)

-allen