Subject: Re: /usr/include/readline?
To: None <kazu@zao.or.jp>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/16/1998 00:00:14
On 15 May 98 22:25:28 +0000,
"kazunori miura" <kazu@zao.or.jp> wrote:
> 1998年 5月 14日 (木) 5:16 AM, wrote Ken Nakata <mailto:kenn@synap.ne.jp>:
> >> But it is diffcult to change configure script , because script has many
> >> include files to find.
> >
> >There may be a configure option to specify some additional locations
> >for optional header files.  If configure script is generated by GNU
> >autoconf, --includedir=/usr/pkg/include might work.
> >

> Ok, I tried it with option.
> But gmake is stop at same point.
> ppxp's configure script has another bug, may be.

Ok, I tried to build ppxp myself (though I have no use of it) and
failed.  But I learned that ppxp is yet another PPP implementation.

I'm not saying that you should not be trying to use this, but what is
wrong with the stock NetBSD pppd?  I was under the impression that it
worked just fine for most people, though I'm no longer one of them
(I'm using an ISDN dial-up router, so I'm not running PPP on the
Macs).  It worked just fine for me before I switched to this dial-up
router.

One thing certain is that you're venturing into an uncharted territory
(at least for the vast majority of NetBSD/mac68k users).  If there is
no absolute necessity, I would suggest that you switch to NetBSD pppd.
Many people are happily using the ppp kits put together by Bill
Studenmund, PhD. ;-) and Paul Goyette.

Ken