Subject: Re:
To: Robert Alexander Baxter <alex@santa.asf.alaska.edu>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/15/1998 10:58:12
On Fri, 15 May 1998, Robert Alexander Baxter wrote:

> Claude Foley wrote:
> >
> > Is it ok to assume that lesstif is Motif
> > and could Mozilla run on a Sun 3/60?
> >

> I have had good luck with lesstif---it seems stable and
> also seems like quite a complete implementation.  It
> doesn't crash and also the widgets seem to have all
> their functions included.  Although it seems like
> if any program would really test lesstif out it
> would be Netscape (since it's such a giant program).
>
> I use NetBSD on a PC (Pentium) and it can also run
> Solaris x86 programs if you have Solaris shared
> libraries.
>
> Sun 3/60 sounds like something that Solaris can
> run on.  Did you know you can download CDE (Sun's
> version of Motif) for free?  Maybe you could use
> the Motif libraries (libXm.a etc.) from that to
> make Netscape on your computer.  That is if NetBSD
> on a Sun 3/60 can run Solaris programs too, like
> the PC version of NetBSD can.

	The sun3/60 is a motorolla 68020 based machine, rather than the
	later (and current) sparc machines. (The last version of sunos
	supported on them sun3 was 4.1.1u1)

	I seem to rcall the NetBSD/mac68k people were working on getting
	Mozilla running - since all NetBSD m68k platforms are binary
	compatible a NetBSD/sun3 should be able to run their binaries
	without any trouble...

		David/absolute

                  -=-  "Why am I seething with this animosity"  -=-