Subject: Diskless Configuration?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ruschmeyer, John <jruschme@att.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/15/1998 10:55:40
Good news on the Mac IIfx (except for the no touching the mouse part. Eep!).

Silly question, though, how *does* one set up a diskless NetBSD/msc68k? This
doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere in the install notes.

Can the booter handle tftp or do I need a local kernel on a MacOS partition?
Is the rest a typical diskless setup?

FYI, besides the IIfx, I also have a IIx (and a II, if I could find a PMMU),
so I'd probably be using it initially to set things up. I've also got a
choice of Ethernet boards including an original Apple, a Kinetics EtherPort
II, and a Cabletron E6100 (ST-NIC based, would love to get that running
under the ae() driver).

Thanks in advance... <<<John>>>