Subject: Re: X after Update
To: None <loeser@ma1304.physik.uni-marburg.de>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/15/1998 12:33:01
On Thu, 14 May 1998 22:09:27 +0200 (CEST),
henning loeser <loeser@ma1304.physik.uni-marburg.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> after updating to 1.3.1 from 1.3 via a "make build" from the
> sources I didn't get X to run anymore. Rebuilding the dev didn't help,
> updating the /etc directory (well the rc script) neither.
> Just reinstalling the base distrib gave me the desired X.
> I'll include the x.log startupmessages.

Nothing looks suspicious in the log until the last line.  Do you get
the core dumped?  If you do, what is the stack trace (use gdb)?  How
about making grf1 and grf2 devices? (though I have doubts the extra
grf devices are going to help)

> I would like to run a "make build" again for having "-O2 -m68040"
> options compiled into the distrib. Will that "crash" my X again ?

Not sure.  -O2 alone shouldn't make it crash, though.

What is your system's configuration?  Especially your machine model
and extra NuBus/PDS/CS devices if any.

Ken