Subject: Re: NetBSD for LCIII?
To: Mattias Andersson <mattias.andersson@mailbox.swipnet.se>
From: J. David Blackstone <jxb9451@UTARLG.UTA.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/14/1998 19:05:58
On Thu, 14 May 1998, Mattias Andersson wrote:

> Just got my hands on a LCIII without any RAM and no monitor capability.
> And the 80 MB HD, I think.
>
> Any ideas about RAM and how to install NetBSD?
> Which version of NetBSD is the best for this modell?
>
> Please help a total beginner!
>
> Thank you
> /Mattias Andersson, Sweden.
> /  But the Creator of all is The Lord!                                /

Hello, Mattias,

  I'm a NetBSD/mac68k beginner on an LCIII myself.  I've got 20 megs of
RAM (That's one 16 meg SIMM added), and I definitely recommend you
upgrade.  Memory is cheap!  At least get 16 megs; go all the way with 32
if you think you can.

  At the moment, I'm doing everything on a 100 meg Zip disk.  I can't do
much, but I'm having a lot of fun with what I can do!  I recommend you
play around with NetBSD on that 80 meg drive for awhile until you get used
to it, then pop for something bigger (I'd say at least 2 gigs.)

  Have fun!

                              J. David Blackstone