Subject: X after Update
To: NetBSD-List <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: henning loeser <loeser@ma1304.physik.uni-marburg.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/14/1998 22:09:27
Hi,
after updating to 1.3.1 from 1.3 via a "make build" from the
sources I didn't get X to run anymore. Rebuilding the dev didn't help,
updating the /etc directory (well the rc script) neither.
Just reinstalling the base distrib gave me the desired X.
I'll include the x.log startupmessages.
I would like to run a "make build" again for having "-O2 -m68040"
options compiled into the distrib. Will that "crash" my X again ?
For some reason the whole darn thing seems to me to be a bit more
unstable then it was before. (It allready crashed once ;-) )

I'd be thankfull for any suggestions,
Henning

startx >& x.log gave me :
/usr/libexec/ld.so: warning: libc.so.12.20: minor version >= 25
      expected, using it anyway
/dev/grf0: Couldn't get video mode information via ROM driver.
	This is not a fatal error.
	I gather there is no ROM driver support for this screen...
	I will treat this screen as StaticGray or TrueColor.
Screen 0 at 0x423ae00, 1152 by 870, 8 bpp, rowB 1152, fbbase 0xf9000000.
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

The xdm-error message said it couldn't open the display, unfortunately I
don't have that any more :-( .