Subject: Re[2]: someone's own US mailbox needed...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mario Magliocco <Mario_Magliocco@broder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/14/1998 10:26:07
     Well, I received my package from Digi-Key today, and now my Quadra 800
     is running at 40.5 MHz.  The 24 MHz oscillator didn't work, I got an
     unhappy Mac face, but once I put the 20 MHz oscillator in it worked
     like a charm.  The total cost for one setup is about 12 dollars.  I
     bought enough parts to chip two Macs, plus some extra oscillators to
     get the right speed, and the total cost plus shipping was 30 bucks.  I
     recommend this easy upgrade, especially if you don't use your serial
     ports (there are some problems with the serial ports if you run your
     Mac too fast).  The Output Enabler kits are nice, but the equivalent
     kit for my Quadra 800 would cost 40 bucks!

        Mario Magliocco