Subject: Re: /usr/include/readline?
To: None <kazu@zao.or.jp>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/14/1998 02:12:52
On 14 May 98 01:31:26 +0000,
"kazunori miura" <kazu@zao.or.jp> wrote:
> Hello! all
> I am trying to compile ppxp on my IICi (1.3.1 full installed).
> ppxp is ppp-connecting tool made in Japan.
> While compiling , ppxp error and stop .
> message is /usr/include/readline NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY.
> I can find /usr/include/readline in Linux.
> But NetBSD does not have it .
> Where can I find it?
> Does anyone help me,please.

NetBSD does not come with readline library, so you need to install it
by yourself.  Luckily, readline is already packaged so all you have to
do is ftp the contents of directory
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-current/pkgsrc/devel/readline to
/usr/pkgsrc/devel/readline (the default location; you can choose
another location), cd to that directory, and do "make install" as
root.

Header will be installed into /usr/pkg/include directory, so you need
to change the references to readline header from /usr/include to
/usr/pkg/include.

Ken