Subject: Re: Questions about using XSM?
To: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Rolf Braun <rbraun@cstone.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/13/1998 16:16:09
>On Wed, 13 May 1998, Rolf Braun wrote:
>> And what about the following text controls _how_ the source is distributed?
>
>>  * 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
>>  *    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
>
>That one. diffs almost never include the copyright and license.

IMHO, that's really a nit to pick given that the diffs will be used to
patch source files that DO have the copyright notice. I think the reason
nobody's sued FreeBSD over this is that nobody at Berkeley is insane enough
to pick nits like this.

I guess this could be worked around while still using diffs if every line
in the copyright header were given a timestamp or build number each time
the file was modified. Then diff would have to include the header each
time. Hmm.

>Disclaimer: IANAL.

Hmm? What's that one stand for? :)

--
- Rolf Braun - rbraun@cstone.net - http://www.cstone.net/~rbraun/
- Sassy Software: cool software for your Macintosh or Apple IIgs

- Anyone attempting to post messages or send e-mail using my address
- without my permission will be held legally liable for forgery, and
- may be subject to legal action and severe legal penalties.