Subject: Re: Questions about using XSM?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom Rini <tmrini@ntplx.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/13/1998 19:26:50
On Wed, 13 May 1998, Allen Briggs wrote:

> > "If it ain't broke, don't break it."
> >
> > Mach VM may have had some problems, but it worked reliably. I can't say the
> > same for UVM so far, especially not on mac68k.
>
> I have not seen problems with custom kernels compiled from source with
> UVM.  I have seen problems with GENERIC on my 68040 machine.  Do you
> have a 68040 machine?  Are you running GENERIC?  What have you done to
> help track down the problems?

I'll toss in my 2cents here.  I'm running a semi-GENERIC kernel (turned
off some of the COMPATs, turned on a few ppp options, turned off not
needed fses, etc) on my 68040 machine.  I've had many probems w/ UVM
turned on (kmem_something).  Tho i'm kinda ashamed to say the only thing
i've done to track down the problem is #options UVM.  Then again, this is
-current, and isn't guaranteed to compile or work and has been linked to
cancer in lab rats.

---
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://dobbstown.yeti.edu/