Subject: Re: About color X...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nico van Eikema Hommes <hommes@ccc.uni-erlangen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/12/1998 09:09:10
    Hi All,

> Nigel Pearson <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au> wrote:
>The only clean way would be to have a file which contains a colourmap
>(say a GIF file) which was loaded by the Booter to set the colours.
>[...]
>If there is really a need for this, I _could_ hack it into the Booter.

Despite the obvious disadvantage of likely ending up with wrong colors
for images, it would avoid getting pale yellow for black on white in
8-bit color. Try cleanly shutting down X under these conditions :-)
So for those who just like to have a less monochrome display (and cannot
use 16-bit internal video), it would be a significant improvement.

Best wishes,

           Nico

--
  Dr. N.J.R. van Eikema Hommes     Computer-Chemie-Centrum
  hommes@ccc.uni-erlangen.de       Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg