Subject: Re: About color X...
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
From: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/12/1998 09:17:16
> Jean Marie <jm@altern.org> wrote:
> >
> > Wouldn't ie be possible to change the CLUT during the MacOS boot in order
> > to have the right X colors ? You said that the screen stayed in the same
> > CLUT as it was during the MacOS part boot.

Ken replied
> Yes, it would be possible, but the question is how.  Especially in a
> clean way.

	The only clean way would be to have a file which contains a
colourmap (say a GIF file) which was loaded by the Booter to set the
colours.

	If you want different colours, you create a new file under
NetBSD, exit Unix, copy the file out of the Unix filesystem, and use
it to set the colours the next time you boot. Not something you want
to do every time you use 'xv' to view an image.

	If there is really a need for this, I _could_ hack it into
the Booter.

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au | "reality is that which     |
|  Telstra IN Platforms, Sydney, Aust.  |  doesn't go away when you  |