Subject: Questions about using XSM?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <rgfischer@mail.hac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/11/1998 11:28:00

     I've got my MacBSD system running quite well.  I decided to start
     using 'xdm' so that I could leave X11 running
     (and have a screensaver when I'm not logged in).

     After enabling xdm in the /etc/rc.conf file and restarting, the X
     server starts up and then I get a login screen.  After I login, I get
     an xterm and xsm (the "X session manager") starts up.

     As I understand it, when I select 'shutdown' in xsm, it is s'pose to
     save which apps I'm running, then log me out.  Instead of just logging
     me out, it quits X too.  The X server is no longer running, xdm is no
     longer running, and I'm left looking at one big terminal.

     I've read the xsm man pages thoroughly and can't find any mention of
     this behavior.

     How can I make xsm log me out without quitting my X server?

     Thanks,
     Roger