Subject: Re: Getting a Q950 running
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Damien Berna <eric@thiel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/11/1998 10:59:42
I've got it running!!

I got netbsd.HWDIRECT-68.tar.gz from ftp.netbsd.org, and instead of
crashing when it has problems with the ADB it just keeps going. The kernel
and everything else are out of sync, so I guess I should get the rest of
the snapshot and install it, but I didn't need to make my own kernel.

The serial ports don't work even when I use the Mac OS control panel to put
the serial ports into compatibility mode.

I have the only SCSI drive on this computer as an internal on the internal
bus, so I didn't notice any SCSI problems.

The next thing to do is to configure this the way I want. The internal
Ethernet is working and I was able to set up networking by using the
Installer and BBEdit to edit the configuration files. I'm able to tellnet
into the computer, so I can configure everything that way.

:-)

Eric Damien Berna
eric@thiel.com