Subject: Re: Console screen
To: J. David Blackstone <jxb9451@UTARLG.UTA.EDU>
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/10/1998 15:08:27
On Sun, 10 May 1998, J. David Blackstone wrote:

>   Is there a way to change the number size of lines on the console screen?
> I've got pretty bad eyesight (which I'm sure I'm making worse by spending
> all day with computers), and I'd sure like to have bigger characters.  I
> didn't see any options for this in the booter, the manpages, or the faq,
> but if the info is already out there, could someone please point me to it.
>

>   I'd like to express my deep appreciation to everyone who made BSD
> possible on my Macintosh.  I can't believe so many people would
> voluntarily give of their time and efforts to make this a possibility (for
> free, too.  Wow!)  Thanks very much.

	Well, if you are using the CONSOLE, then have you tried running
dt? It is a virtual console program for mac68k, and has some nice features
that the console does not, such as scrollback, cut and paste, can be
compiled with the INVERSE option, making the console white on black,
rather than black on white... plus configurable macro keys (which aren't
all that great, but if you have some commands you execute alot with long a
long command line it can save you some typing ;-))

	And, you can switch between "normal" sized font and a font
probably about twice as large. 8-)

	If you use X, you can make your Xterms use a different font by
holding your 3rd button (or Command-Option-3)... or rather, a different
font size. There are a few different option.

	Good luck!

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!