Subject: Q900 Re: PLI SCSI
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@canolog.ninthwonder.com>
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/09/1998 18:31:09
On Sat, 9 May 1998, Allen Briggs wrote:

> PS.  I committed a change today that should allow Quadra 900/950 owners
> to access their external and internal busses.  It works for one
> person--at least allowing them to boot off an external drive (serial
> console--even in "compatibility mode" isn't working, though, nor is ADB).

	Yeah... I can get as far as the login prompt, though I can't
actually log in, as there is no ADB or serial support. Right now I'm
trying to get the ethernet to work... I have both the onboard ethernet and
a NuBus ethernet card, and neither seem to work.

	It gets past the ifconfig, then when it tries to set the default
gateway (192.168.1.1, my Q630), it gives an error saying the network is
unreachable. At Allen's suggestion I put 'ifconfig sn0' and 'netstat -rn'
in netstart.local, but when I tried that it said it couldn't find
ifconfig, then dropped me into single user, or rather gave me the Enter
pathname of shell or press ENTER for sh: message. Which, of course does me
no good ;-)

	I've been editing files via the installer... and that worked fine
until just a few minutes ago. But now, I cpin a file, and I use 'more' to
view it and get a blank file. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!