Subject: Re: New console bell patch
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@fb.sa.enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/09/1998 02:30:13
On Fri, 8 May 1998, Colin Wood wrote:

> I've added some defines to ite.c that should allow you to define the
> console bell's frequency, duration, and volume if you don't like the
> defaults (880, 7, 100).  Just define:
>
> options 	BELL_FREQ=880
> options 	BELL_LENGTH=7
> options 	BELL_VOLUME=100
>
> in your kernel config file to change these values.  Please let me know if
> I've managed to screw something up if you try this and it doesn't work.

Great idea! That appealing to this Mac owner, to customize my own beep.
:)

> Anyway, this diff is against 1.3 sources (should be the same as 1.3.1).
> It might apply to -current if you separate out the ite.c patch from the
> rest.  If you try this patch, please let me know how it goes.

I was able to apply your patches to Thursday's sup by giving the file
locations when prompted--the first two have moved to
sys/arch/mac68k/obio/asc.c and sys/arch/mac68k/obio/ascvar.h. This after

cd /usr ; patch < patch*

I'll have to let you know tomorrow how that works. It's past my bedtime!