Subject: Re: Getting a Q950 running
To: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@fb.sa.enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/09/1998 01:00:13
On Fri, 8 May 1998, SamMaEl wrote:

> 	Where did you get mgetty? I have been looking around a little, but
> haven't found it anywhere...

Sorry I don't have the url handy, but I expect you will find it in
<news:de.alt.comm.mgetty>, which is an English language newsgroup.
(Go figure.)

I had hoped to use it to set up a ppp server. I've got it compiled and
installed, but I couldn't get it to connect properly. It seems like the
baud rate for pppd isn't being set correctly. I was also discouraged to
find, that apparently, many fax modems aren't supported, nor is voice well
supported for all modems.

I've been able to connect two intel boxes in the same room, with pppd, or
uugetty and ppd, via a null modem cable. My next move is to try to connect
to the Mac via modem using plain old uugetty.