Subject: Re: Netatalk: problems with zones >255 under NetBSD 1.3.1
To: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/08/1998 15:31:28
> > We are seeing a problem where nbplkup (and the mac chooser) on
> > zones with cable ranges >255 fail to pass through the netatalk
> > box.
> >
> > 	Hmm, there's quite a few lines of diffs 'tween the FreeBSD and the
> > 	NetBSD code - any idea of where I could start?
>
> I'd need to see the netstat output first.
>
> There seem to be two main threads in the new FreeBSD code, AFAICT. The
> first adds support for turning mesages to "any router" into broadcasts.
> The second helps with cases where routing entries are messed up. You might
> be running into the latter.
>
> What _is_ working (a FreeBSD box, ??)?

	Just straight networking kit. We have a fore systems switch on one
	side hooked into a bay router on the other. We want to put the
	NetBSD box in between to act as an IP filter and appletalk router.
	IP works fine, but we have a problem with the appletalk (even
	when the ipfilter is disabled).

		David/absolute

                  -=-  Resentment is a renewable resource  -=-