Subject: Re: Netatalk: problems with zones >255 under NetBSD 1.3.1
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/08/1998 11:42:26
On Fri, 8 May 1998, David Brownlee wrote:

> On Fri, 8 May 1998, Dr. Bill Studenmund wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 8 May 1998, David Brownlee wrote:

> > >         We are seeing a problem where nbplkup (and the mac chooser) on
> > > 	zones with cable ranges >255 fail to pass through the netatalk
> > > 	box.
> > >
> > Coudl you send me the output of netstat -r?
> >
> 	Not easily :/  - we've had to pull the box. I'll try to get it
> 	hooked up long enough tonight to collect the output.

Thanks!

> > The NetBSD netatalk code is derived from the FreeBSD code. They recently
> > fixed problems in their code, and I've not had a chance to port them to
> > NetBSD yet.
> >
> > I'd hoped to soon, but I found out I get to move soon. :-(
> >
> 	Hmm, there's quite a few lines of diffs 'tween the FreeBSD and the
> 	NetBSD code - any idea of where I could start?

I'd need to see the netstat output first.

There seem to be two main threads in the new FreeBSD code, AFAICT. The
first adds support for turning mesages to "any router" into broadcasts.
The second helps with cases where routing entries are messed up. You might
be running into the latter.

What _is_ working (a FreeBSD box, ??)?

Take care,

Bill