Subject: Re: 68LC040 FPE, PR #5133, UVM, and a security hole?
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@canolog.ninthwonder.com>
From: Rolf Braun <rbraun@cstone.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/08/1998 10:51:13
>> Doesn't work at all. Same problem as the GENERIC kernel.
>
>Hmmm...  Before leaving for work this morning, I tried booting a
>kernel that I built (cleanly) last night.  It got a bus error in
>ffs_write after it was mostly booted.  I'm going to try banging on
>it some more tonight (maybe--stuff is happening today...  macbsd.com
>might be on a T1 by the end of the weekend if all goes well).

Sounds like it got farther than mine did. Mine didn't even sense the SCSI
bus before it crashed. If you need messages or a stack trace, let me know,
but my symptoms are basically those of Hauke Fath on his Q700. (I'm on a
P637.)

--
- Rolf Braun - rbraun@cstone.net - http://www.cstone.net/~rbraun/
- Sassy Software: cool software for your Macintosh or Apple IIgs

- Anyone attempting to post messages or send e-mail using my address
- without my permission will be held legally liable for forgery, and
- may be subject to legal action and severe legal penalties.