Subject: Re: -current errors
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@canolog.ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/08/1998 10:46:57
> 	Every kernel that I have compiled in the past week has died
> horribly upon bootup. I've supped the ksrc-mac68k and ksrc-common...

Are you compiling with UVM?  Are you doing a "clean" make?  I.e., remove
the entire compile directory, config, then make depend && make.

> should I be getting any other files? The kernels compile fine, but when I
> boot I get to a point and it drops into the debugger and scrolls me with

Where is that point, and what is the initial panic/trap message?  I got
a kernel bus error on a kernel built yesterday evening, but it was well
into starting the daemons like cron, etc..  This is on a Q700 with 20MB
of RAM, GENERIC kernel with UVM.

-allen

--
                    Allen Briggs - briggs@ninthwonder.com