Subject: -current errors
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/08/1998 01:04:20
	Every kernel that I have compiled in the past week has died
horribly upon bootup. I've supped the ksrc-mac68k and ksrc-common...
should I be getting any other files? The kernels compile fine, but when I
boot I get to a point and it drops into the debugger and scrolls me with
debugger caught exception trap messages and I can't even reboot from the
console, I have to Ctrl-Command-Power reboot. My problem is that I
accidentally overwrote half of my kernel that I had been using up until
recently when I was testing a new kernel, but luckily I had some backup
Q630 kernels I had made for people to take advantage of Michael Zucca's
original patch for the Valkyriinternal video boards.

	I've got a -current as of sometime in March snapshot with a 1.3D
kernel atm... is there something about the -current kernels that would
cause it to panic at boot like this? I am planning on upgrading to
-current this weekend, and I want to know beforehand that I'll still have
a bootable kernel....

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!