Subject: Snapshot & UVM (was: Re: 68LC040 FPE, et al)
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/07/1998 23:00:43
On May 7,  4:19pm, Allen Briggs wrote:
>This is always the trade-off.  If it doesn't go into -current, how much
>do you think it will really be tested?  Are enough people going to be
>using it to test it well?

And speaking of UVM...

In the last snapshot, the binaries were not built with UVM, while the
kernels were (due to a sup to fix build problems elsewhere in kernel
code).

It is my feeling that since the kernel now defaults to UVM, I should
build the binaries with UVM as well.  I see that PMAP_NEW was still
commented out as of May 4th; when (if) it becomes default, I'll build
it in, too.

So, unless I hear serious objection, next week will see UVM-ized binaries...

~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

The mosquito is the state bird of New Jersey.
		-- Andy Warhol