Subject: Re: 68LC040 FPE, PR #5133, UVM, and a security hole?
To: Rolf Braun <rbraun@cstone.net>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/07/1998 15:31:19
On Thu, 7 May 1998, Rolf Braun wrote:
> Hmm, that's weird. Maybe it's something else? Still, judging from the other
> posts on the list, I'd keep UVM in a separate test track until it's proven
> itself.

FWIW, UVM has been working fine for me on my Centris 660av, Pentium/166,
and 386/33. And UVM has been (and still is) in a separate section; it's
been in NetBSD-current for a while (a couple of months, at least). It has
recently been made the default for most (all?) m68k ports though.

> What if Joe User who isn't in wheel logs onto ttyp0 via telnet and tries to
> run X or dt?

man 5 ttyaction?
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 22 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++