Subject: Re: 68LC040 FPE, PR #5133, UVM, and a security hole?
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@canolog.ninthwonder.com>
From: Rolf Braun <rbraun@cstone.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/07/1998 18:11:11
>> Hmm. Maybe the GENERIC kernel should have things like UVM and then there
>> should be an oh-if-GENERIC-doesn't-work-try-this kernel?
>
>Maybe, but I think the idea is to get GENERIC to work.  Can you try
>booting
>	ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/outgoing/briggs/for.sadamu.gz
>?
>It's a GENERIC kernel from -current sources as of last night + a couple
>of items--experimental support for a video card that should not affect
>you at all, and experimental support for the PLI QuickSCSI (which also
>should not affect you).

Doesn't work at all. Same problem as the GENERIC kernel.

After it crashes into the debugger, it keeps crashing, with errors from
ddb. When I finally get it to stop, the db> prompt appears again, but the
keyboard doesn't work. Have any changes been made to ADB lately? 1.3.1's
MRG works fine here, as does the latest HWDIRECT.

--
- Rolf Braun - rbraun@cstone.net - http://www.cstone.net/~rbraun/
- Sassy Software: cool software for your Macintosh or Apple IIgs

- Anyone attempting to post messages or send e-mail using my address
- without my permission will be held legally liable for forgery, and
- may be subject to legal action and severe legal penalties.