Subject: Re: another sound survey...
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/07/1998 12:45:03
> > sound is working decently it might be cool to experiment with a
> > NetBSD/mac68k "startup chime"? ;-)
>
> Oh, I'd love to get it, but I haven't found where it is quite yet.  I'm
> assuming it's somewhere in ROM, but the startup routines get relocated, so
> I haven't managed to find them quite yet.  Oh well.... :-)

Check out the ROM offset files from MPW. I think there's a symbol in there
called "STARTBEEP". However, there are multiple versions of this and I
think I remember seeing something like "SECRETBEEP" on one of the ROM versions.
If you poke around enough you'll find pictures of people and all sorts of
other Easter Eggs.