Subject: Re: Quadra 610 fails to boot
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@fb.sa.enteract.com>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@honors.montana.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/06/1998 11:55:45
On Wed, 6 May 1998, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> How about trying to boot from a gzipped kernel in the Booter folder? If it
> works, it would tend to exonerate MacOS and the Booter, and then you could
> look for problems with the NetBSD partition, (besides the obvious).

Okay, I've tried both netbsd-GENERIC.gz and netbsd-GENERICSBC.gz from
1.3.1.  These were both ftp'd in binary mode directly to the Mac, and they
seemed to gunzip without trouble, so they're probably not corrupt.  Both
make the machine hang.

I don't actually have a BSD partition at this point, since I did a
re-install of MacOS; I'm assuming that the kernel will at least be able to
autoconfig without a partition to boot off of.

Chris

Chris Jones                                      cjones@rupert.oscs.montana.edu
           Mad scientist in training...